Did you know there is a way to spot gum disease? Did you know gum disease has symptoms, so you know when to get help? Gum disease is a severe threat to your teeth and gums, which can result in tooth loss and even bone loss. To help you learn about the traits of gum disease, our doctor, Dr. David E. Pearson with David E. Pearson DMD PC in Lawrenceville, Georgia, is happy to share some information on the topic.
Here are some traits about gum disease and how it can reveal itself to you:
– Did you know that gum disease can lead to an increased risk of bad breath that will continue to return until the gum disease is treated? It’s true!
– Several symptoms of gum disease include visual clues such as the presence of pus or sores, bleeding gums, misaligned teeth and teeth that are on the verge of falling out.
– Gum recession is a known symptom of gum disease. Gum recession occurs when your gums pull back away from a tooth exposing more surface area and make it vulnerable to tooth loss.
– If your teeth appear to be out of position or are loose, it could be linked to tooth slippage associated with gum disease.
– For individuals who frequently bleed with everyday activities such as eating or cleaning their mouth out, it could be a sign of gum disease.
If your gums are tender or bleeding, then don’t delay and call us right away at 770.995.9051 to set up an appointment. Reversing gum disease is possible with early care and treatment. If you have questions about your oral health, please feel free to stop by our office. We are always happy to see you.